What do Buddhists believe?
In general, Buddhists believe:
- We are all responsible for our own actions.
- Unwholesome actions eventually bring negative results; wholesome actions eventually bring positive results.
- We are all responsible for our own happiness.
- Humans have the ability, with their own effort, to give up greed and hatred and delusion.
- True happiness doesn’t come from our material possessions.
Specifically, they believe
- The Buddha, named Gautama, discovered the true nature of reality.
- He discovered the cause of suffering, craving, and the way to end it.
- With this understanding, he attained enlightenment, completely removing the roots of greed, hatred, and delusion from his mind.
- He taught these truths to the world and this information is still available to us today.
- By practicing these teachings, others have also completely ended suffering in their lives.
If you find these ideas interesting, then you will definitely be able to learn more clicking this link.